Now the weather is colder I am starting to crave creamy and hearty dishes, but I wanted to keep it light and fresh so here is what I made. It’s vegan and packed with goodness. This is a really simple and fast recipe, in total the preparation and cooking probably takes about 30 minutes. Worth making a big batch you can dip into over the week. Also, these are the veggies I found cheaply at my green grocer, feel free to chop and change as long as you make sure to add each ingredient at the appropriate time.
For the curry paste you will need:
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 fresh chilli or 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- small lump of peeled ginger (about 2 cm long)
For the curry:
- 1 1/2 onions
- 3 large carrotes
- 9 baby potatoes
- 100 gr green beans
- 100 gr mangetout
- 100 gr pure creamed coconut diluted in 300 ml of hot water
(or 400 ml coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
1. Fist step is to make the curry paste for the foundation of the dish. Simply pop the ginger, garlic, chilli and lemon juice in a food processor until it is a rough paste.
2. Now chop up the onions and gently fry for a minute or two in a large pot with some olive oil, then add the paste and fry for another two minutes. At this point add the coconut milk, chopped potatoes, bay leaves, coriander and turmeric. Let this bubble away for 10 minutes and add the carrots. Give it another 5 minutes before adding the green beans and mangetout. Let it cook for another 5 minutes and its ready. Add salt and pepper to taste and plate up with the fresh spinach as garnish. Enjoy!